We’re growing and going up in the world and on a very exciting journey! Since our formation, PIB has successfully completed around 80 acquisitions in seven years. Our story started in the UK yet today we’ve expanded and we’re present in nine countries (UK & Channel Islands, Ireland, Spain, Denmark, Poland, Netherlands, Italy, Germany and India). And we are not finished yet as we’re on a mission to unlock even more of Europe!
Up until now, we have only recruited directly into apprenticeship roles in discreet pockets of the business, but with the launch of our first formal scheme we are welcoming all school and college leavers to apply for these opportunities to start their career in our fast paced, fast growing organisation. We don’t believe in ‘VIP’ status or cliques (just ask George our Comms Apprentice, who supported the recent Management Investor meeting while having access to all areas).
As a collaborative business, you are not going to get stuck behind a hierarchy. Instead, we are all about creating connections - whoever you are, wherever you are. The opportunities are endless at PIB, we are a home to entrepreneurs (that’s what you might call ‘Influencers’) who aim to inspire, educate and inform everyone around them to achieve great things for customers and each other. So not only will you be learning on the job, but you’ll also get to meet some pretty decent people too!
A PIB apprenticeship caters for a range of different skillsets and will offer you a blend of education and experience. You will spend 20% of the working week developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete the apprenticeship, with support from one of our apprenticeship delivery partners. For the rest of the week, you’ll be applying what you have learnt and thriving in a real job with real responsibilities to play a part in PIB’s success story.
From day one you’ll have a permanent job with a competitive salary. You will receive comprehensive training, support from tutors and a skills coach, whilst at the same time developing the professional and personal skills that you will need to build a successful career with us.
You’ll need GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above, or an equivalent qualification. And even better if you have 3 x A-level’s or equivalent (BTEC, T-Level etc), which will put you in a stronger position to hit the ground running.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Effective personal planning and organisation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A passion for building fantastic working relationships with clients and colleagues
- An appetite to learn and develop and successfully achieve your apprenticeship
- An inquisitive nature with a willingness to ask questions
- Confident use of MS Office Suite
- £20,000 salary
- Company pension
- Discretionary annual group bonus scheme
- £150 'working wardrobe' allowance
- £1,000 completion bonus
- 26 days a year of annual leave, plus bank holidays
- The option to buy up to four additional days of leave a year
- Up to x3 volunteering days
- Life assurance of 4x salary
- Free flu jab (if you’d like one)
- Free eye test (if you’d like one)
- Access to welfare package including financial management counselling support, health screening, mental health support and much more
- Company sick pay scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave package
- Formal study through our approved delivery partners which includes support from a tutor and skills coach
- A dedicated mentor
- An internal programme focused on developing your personal and professional skills
- Discounts on technology and electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Connect to Collaborate - bonus for referring talented people to work at PIB
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- A key part of the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility programme is the PIB Community Trust. The initiative helps by making donations to support communities and causes that matter to our colleagues
Key dates you need to know to join our apprenticeship programme
Start date: 2023 applications are now closed, but please keep an eye on our site for future opportunities
Applications open: Closed
So what are you waiting for, get applying….
All you need to do to get the application started is to apply for the specific apprenticeship you are interested in. Due to the high number of expected applicants, we may take a little while to consider your application, but we’ll always notify you of the outcome. If you require support with your application or assessment adjustments, please email EarlyInCareers@pib-insurance.com
We're sorry, there are no opportunities available that match your search criteria at the moment.
Once we have completed our eligibility checks, we’ll be back in touch with details of the next stage.